The personal information we collect
For us to provide our services to you we need to hold and process certain personal information. This is collected when you subscribe to the barbox service and use some of the advanced barbox features, as well as when you contact us or fill in forms on our website.
We also collect information automatically from your use of the barbox web site although we only use this information in aggregate form with data obtained in the same way from other users.
IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
• To build up marketing profiles
Uses made of your information
• The personal information that we hold and process enables us to provide you with a personalised service, to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to run competitions, promotions and other incentives, as well as to provide you with information about additional barbox.com products and services.
• We will also occasionally seek feedback from our users in order to improve the overall service.
• If you are listed on our directory, please be aware that we may be publishing your details publically on our website. If you have any concerns about this, or if you would like your details to be removed from our directory please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you do not want to be contacted by barbox via email or SMS messaging, you may register your preferences by updating your details here. Disclosure of your personal information
• We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• Other than disclosure to our group companies (see above), the personal details that we use to provide or promote our products and services (for example your name, telephone number, or details of the services you use), as well as any information taken from you while you are using this website, will NOT be passed to ANY organisation beyond barbox.com to be used for marketing purposes.
• Your details may sometimes be shared with barbox service partners or agents in order to provide you with barbox services you have requested.
Storage of your personal data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Unit 1 Business Park, Ibstone Road, Buckinghamshire HP14 3FE or on email@example.com Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions about this policy or the data we hold about you, our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by e-mail at DPQueries@itradenetwork.com or by fax on 01283 492699.